1. Develops and maintains professional relationships with employers to advance employment and career education opportunities for UF candidates. Participates in the planning and execution of the Career Resource Center’s employer engagement outreach plan to increase employment connections for University candidates. Conducts consultations with employers to increase their participation in recruitment activities and promote the University community. (20%)
2. Assists to transform the Center’s on-campus recruitment efforts by evaluating the effectiveness of current recruiting programs and developing new, innovative programming to connect employers to UF students. Reports the effectiveness of programs designed to meet the needs of employer and UF candidates. Manages on-campus employer branding programming (40%)
3. Works with the Industry Relations team to develop partnerships with other universities, employment councils, chambers and workforce groups to establish employment hubs and resources for employment opportunities for UF candidates. Stays current with recent trends, resources, and research addressing college recruitment issues. (10%)
4. Maintains the Center’s recruitment policies, procedures, and data tracking for recruitment activities to ensure efficiency in use, record keeping and compliance with applicable laws and industry standards. Assists in the development and implementation of new recruitment programs and services targeted to expand student and employer recruitment engagement at the University as needed. (15%)
5. Serves as the primary career liaison for students from one or more college(s) on campus. Provides individual and group career coaching to assist individual career development needs including topics, such as networking, interviewing skills, job search strategies, resume preparation and general career decision making strategies. Plans and executes campus-wide career development seminars, workshops, and classroom sessions to educate students through the career planning process; including, but not limited to preparing for career fairs, conducting internship and job searches, the internet job search and other classroom presentations by faculty invitation. (10%)
6. Performs administrative duties as assigned by the Associate Director and higher authorities in the department and division. Attends staff meetings and one-on-one supervision meetings to insure clear communication with colleagues and supervisors. Participates in department, division and university-wide committees. Other duties as assigned. (5%).
Master's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience.
Knowledge of career services, marketing, community outreach, and experience working with employers and campus populations. Excellent presentation skills. Candidate should be energetic, flexible, organized, and innovative. Comfort with technology Possess strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications, multi-tasking, and teamwork skills. Strong organizational, planning and reporting skills Strong interest in working with employers and external partners to provide employment connections for students/alumni