University of Washington, Foster School of Business
March 22, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
Career Services, Human Resource/Staffing, Recruiting/Talent Acquisition
4 Year Degree
As a UW employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer their boundless energy, creative problem solving skills and dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world.
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty. All of which has allowed the UW to be nationally recognized as a “Great College to Work For” for four consecutive years.
The Michael G. Foster School of Business has an outstanding opportunity for a Business Development Manager. The Business Development Manager is responsible for the overall strategy and execution of Foster Career Center employer business development Develop and maintain key relationship with hiring companies for undergrad and specialized master students (MPAcc, MSIS, MSCM and soon to be MSBA). Develop outreach strategy, employer programming, data analytics/outcomes and alumni engagement. This position reports to the Foster Career Center Director.
Business Development/Employer Engagement
• Lead and drive development of EY Center’s annual business outreach and marketing plan to increase opportunities with high quality companies.
• Create and execute business development outreach strategy and plan to engage new employers, hiring managers and alumni to hire undergrads and specialty master students. Focus on key industries as assigned by Director. Create plans on-going plans to work with each targeted employer.
• Meets regularly with coaches, Specialty Master Program Directors and Career Center Director to identify and target employers.
• Identify needs and cultivate engagement opportunities with existing employers, forging new relationships with companies, partnering with alumni, faculty, and Foster departments. Develop network expansion of current employer base.
• Interact directly with recruiters, company representatives, and alumni with focus on identifying new recruiting opportunities and developing partnerships. Works with companies to identify various opportunities for corporate engagement and outreach efforts
• Participate and represent Foster at regional and national professional organizations.
• Establish key performance measures, goals and tactics for business development.
• Develop annual budget for business development
• Identify, plan and coordinate site visits and other employer activities. Oversee student applications and selection process. Lead and collaborate student preparation workshops with Career Coaches.
• Develop and execute new employer engagement opportunities, events, and services. Support and execute current employer engagement programs.
• Creates resume referral systems for undergrad and specialty masters students
Data Management and Collection
• Develop and manage dashboard and metrics for employer engagement activity
• Analyze student data to identify trends in students interests in order to advise new and existing employers
• Develop and manage the employment outcomes collection efforts for the School’s annual destination report and rankings requirement for both undergrad and specialty masters programs
• Develop survey and satisfaction indicators for employer engagement
Program activities and special projects
• Serve and participate on Foster and University committees as assigned or designated
• Support Foster Programs events and participate fully in a fast-moving team environment where everyone is expected to roll-up her/his sleeves and contribute whenever possible
• Perform additional duties as assigned by the Assistant Dean & Career Center Director
• Conducts and assists with special projects and activities, including outreach efforts, orientations, and other activities throughout Foster Business School and UW community. Represents EY Center for Career Advancement to various organizations on and off campus
• Other duties as assigned
As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For a complete description of our benefits for this position, please visit our website,
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or other related fields.
3 years of sales, marketing, business development, account management, staffing, recruiting, university, relationship management or other industry related experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Able to work individually and as part of a team
• Strong relationship building skills; proven record cultivating and developing relationships with hiring managers, recruiters and executives
• Strong technical skills
•Available for frequent travel, local, national and global
Willingness to work a variable schedule, including nights and weekends
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except where there are legal requirements such as license/certification/registration.
• Business degree
• Comfortable working with a variety of recruiting tools/technologies, including CRMs and outcome data platforms
•Achievement oriented with proven track record of salaries results
Experience working in a university setting
•Event coordination experience
• Exhibit a professional demeanor in representing Foster brand to marketplace
• Track record of building and maintaining long-term working relationships
Application Process: The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Workforce Authorization, Criminal Conviction History, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.