Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Employer Development (80%)
* Identify, recruit, and develop relationships with employers.
* Engage in one-on-one contact with prospective employers through personal visits, telephone, direct mail correspondence, and electronic communications.
* Develop relationships with potential and existing employers that will facilitate maximum recruitment of Arkansas Tech students and alumni.
* Initiate contact with alumni and faculty to prospect job opportunities.
* Promote the development of meaningful and mutually beneficial student internships.
* Facilitate and manage employer visits to campus as needed.
* Oversee employer position postings.
* Employ various strategies to generate new employer contacts including collaboration with the Arkansas Tech Alumni Association and Arkansas Tech Foundation, use of prospect databases, and other available resources.
* Actively participate in events sponsored by area business organizations, professional associations, and chambers of commerce.
* Lead the development and implementation of career fair events.
* Represent Arkansas Tech and Norman Career Services at various external and campus events.
* Provide oversight for career services management system processes for first-time employers.
* Maintain current contact information in applicable databases.
* Enter all appropriate observations related to employer and recruitment activity into database.
* Create and run reports, track contacts, evaluate goals, and develop plans for future contacts.
* Work collaboratively with the Director of Norman Career Services and the Career Counselor to support engagement with recruitment activities.
Career Coaching (20%)
* Work 1-on-1 with students to provide career coaching.
* Administer and assist with career-related workshops, presentations, and programs.
* Assist students with professional skills such as resume writing, graduate school research, and the application process, job and internship searches, and interview preparation.
* Assist students in identifying career goals and the development of career interests.
* Administer and interpret career assessments.
What to Submit: Application, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
To be considered for the Employer Relations Coordinator position, all applications must be received and processed through our applicant tracking system Cornerstone prior to the closing date on November 2, 2018 before 6:00 pm central time.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an AA/EOE employer committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Minimum Requirements: * Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
* 1-3 years of work experience in marketing, customer relations, management, human resources, college student personnel/student affairs or related field.
Preferred Qualifications: * Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration, College Student Personnel, Counseling, Student Affairs or related field.
* Professional work experience in Student Services at a college or university.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with students, parents, faculty, and business and industry professionals.
* Dedication to creating a collaborative and creative work environment.
* Ability to develop, lead, and manage multiple projects.
* Detail oriented and the ability to prioritize.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, willingness to learn Handshake, BANNER Student Information System, and other administrative systems.
Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements, except for certification or licensure requirements, upon approval of the qualifications review committee.
About Arkansas Tech University
About Arkansas Tech:
Founded in 1909, Arkansas Tech is a state supported comprehensive institution, maintaining regional accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and classification as a Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) level III institution. It is the third-largest in the state with an enrollment close to 12,000 students. The Russellville campus, located in the scenic Arkansas River Valley between the Ozark and Ouachita Mountains, is just one hour from the capital city of Little Rock and boasts a charming blend of historic and modern architecture, including beautiful grounds and greenery. Offering over 100 undergraduate and more than 25 graduate degree programs across seven academic colleges and two campuses, Arkansas Tech strives to provide a solid educational foundation for life-long learning to a diverse community. For more information about Arkansas Tech University and the surrounding community, please visit our website at www.atu.edu/hr to find our “Live Here” informational resources.