The Executive Director has overall responsibility for strategic planning, program delivery and
assessment, budget and personnel management for the Temple University Career Center that
serves more than 40,000 undergraduate and graduate students and eligible alumni. The Center
provides a full range of services, including career coaching, signature career events, classroom
presentations, professional development workshops, internship and job postings, on-campus
recruitment, and employer relations. The incumbent will be responsible for a large unit with a budget
of more than $1.5M and 17 professional and administrative employees. New initiatives will require a
forward-thinking, creative leader who has demonstrated a commitment to student academic and
career preparation. Immediate focus will be continuation of "destination data" collection across the
university, with the goals of continuing to increase knowledge rates as well as utilizing findings
across the university’s internal and external communications; alignment with the schools and
colleges to ensure that all students have access to the same level of career services and programs
and experiential learning opportunities across the University; and the continued expansion of
corporate/employer relations program.
This position reports to the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Studies within the Office of the Provost.
Performs other duties as assigned.
For more information please visit our website at: http://www.temple.edu/provost/careercenter/
* Demonstrated success in administering and leading career services within a complex university setting.
* Demonstrated success in employer outreach initiatives.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of individuals.
* Demonstrated understanding of the career-search process using current career services technology.
* Ability to implement a data collection process and to prepare needed reports.
* Demonstrated computer skills to include word processing, database, spreadsheets, and data collection and data sharing.
* Ability to effectively interact with a variety of stakeholders, organizations, and individuals is essential.
* Strong commitment to academic integrity and ethical standards within higher education.
* Ability to work nights and/or weekends, as necessary.