UChicago Career Advancement’s Business Programs build on the world-class UChicago liberal arts foundation to give students a competitive edge in their professional development and recruiting in a wide range of businesses. Business Programs consist of the Trott Business Program (TBP), a selective 3-year program, the Financial Markets Program, a selective program focused on quantitative finance, and Business Career Services (BCS). The Assistant Director, Trott Business Program will utilize industry expertise to prepare students for a business careers, including financial services and consulting. This individual will provide one-on-one advising and coaching for students, plan and execute student workshops, contribute to reporting and analytics, and collaborate on employer outreach and development. Job responsibilities include:
1) Utilize industry experience to advise and prepare Trott Business Program students to secure internship and full-time positions within finance, consulting, or corporate advisory capacity. Provide general career counseling to assigned 1st year students.
2) Develop educational materials that will allow students to have a competitive advantage when applying and interviewing with various roles within business.
3) Closely monitor student progress and record status and placement outcomes.
4) Assist in planning, designing and executing student workshops and employer site visits.
5) Develop finance and consulting curriculum strategies and present enhancements to team.
6) Support large-scale annual events supporting student networking and recruitment in finance, consulting, or other industries.
7) Develop efficient methods to track student and program data; support periodic and annual data gathering and analysis for program reporting. Summarize and present information at knowledge-sharing meetings with colleagues.
8) Collaborate with the Employer Relations and Development team to develop relationships with employers and/or support large scale events and experiential activities involving employer partners.
9) Manage or provide support to additional Career Advancement initiatives as assigned including Taking the Next Step, career fairs, or other as assigned.
1) Bachelor’s degree required, Master's degree or a comparable advanced degree preferred
1) Minimum of three years of professional experience working in financial services, consulting and/or a corporate advisory capacity required, preferably in a client-facing role.
2) Experience in investment banking, asset management, and other finance advisory services preferred
Technical Knowledge, Skills or Certifications
1) Minimum intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
2) Basic financial modeling and budgetary experience.
3) Expertise in counseling, program development, or a related area
4) Knowledge of career development theory and strong coaching or counseling skills
Resume and Cover Letter required.
Important: Applicants should apply here and MUST ALSO APPLY on UChicago's official job site to be considered. Link to job on UChicago site: https://uchicago.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Illinois-Chicago/Assistant-Director--Trott-Business-Program_JR05172
Internal Number: JR05172
About University of Chicago
UChicago Career Advancement serves a student population of approximately 6,000 arts and sciences undergraduate students, in addition to alumni who have graduated within the last five years. Career Advancement plays a vital role in ensuring our students’ success after graduation. Career Advancement offers innovative and comprehensive career development services with a focus on pre-professional preparation, experiential education, and opportunities. Through career advising, programs, and comprehensive resources, Career Advancement supports undergraduate students and alumni as they develop the skills necessary to manage their career development, while working with alumni and employers to provide students with meaningful opportunities. For more information, please visit the Career Advancement website at careeradvancement.uchicago.edu.