The University of Colorado Colorado Springs seeks a catalyst, builder, and strategic thinker who is future-oriented, visionary, and collaborative to oversee all aspects of a new Student Futures Hub currently being designed. Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
1. CHAMPION a new initiative to develop and grow a campus hub for current UCCS students and alumni. The hub will realize a collaborative, shared vision of students’ future employment opportunities in an evolving economy.
2. REPRESENT the University Student Futures Hub to increase national visibility and brand identification within higher education, corporate, public, and entrepreneurial sectors.
3. BUILD relationships with key stakeholders at the global, national, state and regional levels to further future opportunities for students and graduates.
4. CREATE innovative programming practices based on national trends and emerging technologies, including discussion surrounding the alignment of curricula and co-curricula.
5. ESTABLISH AND LEAD an internal working group and an external advisory group to grow campus ownership, build cross-campus collaboration efforts, and generate broad visibility.
6. MANAGE and INFORM policies at the system level and in coordination with accrediting entities for internships, job shadowing, co-op, certification badging, experiential learning, professional experience, and volunteer endeavors.
7. DIRECT operations to include performance and project evaluation, budget management, partnering activities, development initiatives, and marketing.
The successful candidate demonstrates:
Enthusiasm, innovativeness, and willingness to take well-informed risks.
Demonstrated interest in “The Future of Work” and rapidly changing employment trends.
Ability to manage new initiatives and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
Emotionally intelligent leadership skills.
Advocacy for internal and external campus partners including campus collaboration partners, alumni, staff, employers, and students.
Team-building skills and experience collaborating and cooperating across constituencies.
Experience and commitment to working with diverse populations.
Supervisory expertise, budgetary experience, and commitment to employee development.
This position has been determined to be exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Salary Range: $78,000 - $90,000
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
Bachelor’s degree with five or more years of professional experience in an area relevant to this position.
Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution and relevant experience.
Experience working in or with a university.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: The University of Colorado Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Internal Number: 16688
About University of Colorado Colorado Springs
Steeped in natural beauty, UCCS is nestled into a position overlooking an American national treasure — Pikes Peak. The observable beauty around UCCS is coupled with rugged outdoor activity that draws visitors from across the globe. Home to rock climbers, mountain bikers, trail adventurers and mountain conquerors, Colorado Springs promises an incredible experience. The community of Colorado Springs, however, expanded upon the area’s natural beauty by making Colorado Springs a hub for the arts. UCCS added to the boom of creativity and history by completing construction of the Ent Center for the Arts: a testament to our commitment to both the community and the Colorado arts scene.
UCCS is one of the fastest growing U.S. universities. In the shadow of Pikes Peak in Colorado Springs, UCCS is home to nearly 11,000 students and more than 1,000 employees. Annually, UCCS students, faculty and staff generate $30 million in state and local taxes, demonstrating the economic importance of all CU campuses.
To date, UCCS offers 37 bachelor’s degrees, 19 masters and 5 doctoral programs. It is ranked 10th among Western regional public universities and 5th nationally for public undergraduate engineering. It is also a top ranked military friendly university.