The Director in combination with the Executive Director of Administration & Strategic Initiatives, oversees the comprehensive engagement of corporate partners. This position will establish goals, objectives and develops a strategic plan that best engages and grows corporate partnerships for Whitman. This position will work across departments, including Whitman’s Career Services Center, Alumni Relations, and Development and with central’s Corporate Relations. The primary responsibility is to deepen current relationships with employers, while cultivating new corporate placement opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students. S/he will also identify and engage corporate partners for career programming, academic speaking engagements and other support. The director will proactively steward corporate partners to promote long-term sustainable relationships with the Whitman School of Management.
• Establish goals, objectives and strategic plan for Whitman Corporate Relations that fit Whitman’s overall strategic plan and vision.
• Manage an engaging portfolio of key corporate prospects and secure new levels of institutional support through career placement, internships, sponsorship opportunities, curriculum support, corporate program participation and other support.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for Whitman corporate partners and facilitate multiple connections throughout the University maximize partner benefit.
• Move partners along a continuum of engagement, which results in a comprehensive strategic partnership that generates additional outcomes for the school.
• Assist faculty, career services, alumni relations, advancement and other internal partners with corporate strategies, programming, project development, and stewardship opportunities.
• Coordinate and communicate with career centers across campus, central corporate development, and Whitman academic units to advance Whitman’s multi-faceted relationships with corporate partners.
• Maintain regular review of industry trends in order to grow corporate portfolio and implement strategies to maximize career and sponsorship opportunities.
• Minimum of 5 years proven success working with corporations to meet institutional goals.
• Exceptional ability to multi-task numerous priorities, all while interacting with stakeholders with a strong positive attitude and disposition.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, including email.
• Ability to communicate concisely and succinctly as required, while maintaining professional communication and relationships with all stakeholders.
• Highly responsive to communications from stakeholders, and ability to translate that communication into the required action in response.
• Demonstrated record of accomplishment developing and implementing successful, creative, and forward thinking corporate strategies.
• Ability to embrace technology to streamline workloads, provide quality customer service, and utilize for data-driven decision-making.
• Ability to utilize power of persuasion to further the University’s goals with internal influencers and external candidates/partners.
• Strong attention to detail and work ethic.
• Work effectively with faculty in the coordination of program development, defining and developing new initiatives and ensuring effective teaching across all programs.
Internal Number: 035626
About Syracuse University, Whitman School of Management
About Syracuse University
Syracuse University is a private, international research university with distinctive academics, diversely unique offerings and an undeniable spirit. Located in the geographic heart of New York State, with a global footprint, and nearly 150 years of history, Syracuse University offers a quintessential college experience.
The scope of Syracuse University is a testament to its strengths: a pioneering history dating back to 1870; a choice of more than 200 majors and 100 minors offered through 13 schools and colleges; nearly 15,000 undergraduates and 5,000 graduate students; more than a quarter of a million alumni in 160 countries; and a student population from all 50 U.S. states and 123 countries. For more information, please visit www.syracuse.edu.
About the Syracuse area
Syracuse is a medium-sized city situated in the geographic center of New York State approximately 250 miles northwest of New York City. The metro-area population totals approximately 500,000. The area offers a low cost of living and provides many social, cultural, and recreational options, including parks, museums, festivals, professional regional theater, and premier shopping venues.... Syracuse and Central New York present a wide range of seasonal recreation and attractions ranging from water skiing and snow skiing, hiking in the Adirondacks, touring the historic sites, visiting wineries along the Finger Lakes, and biking on trails along the Erie Canal.
Syracuse University is an equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution. The University prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in University programs, services, and activities.
Commitment to Supporting and Hiring Veterans
Syracuse University has a long history of engaging veterans and the military-connected community through its educational programs, community outreach, and employment programs. After World War II, Syracuse University welcomed more than 10,000 returning veterans to our campus, and those veterans literally transformed Syracuse University into the national research institution it is today. The University’s contemporary commitment to veterans builds on this historical legacy, and extends to both class-leading initiatives focused on making an SU degree accessible and affordable to the post-9/11 generation of veterans, and also programs designed to position Syracuse University as the employer of choice for military veterans, members of the Guard and Reserve, and military family members.
Commitment to a Diverse and Inclusive Campus Community
Syracuse University maintains an inclusive learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview. The University community recognizes and values the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups. At Syracuse, we are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. To do so, we commit ourselves to promoting a community that celebrates and models the principles of diversity and inclusivity.